Ohio Insurance Institute
Last modified on: March 7, 2017
Information Collected Online
1. Personal Information: We do not collect personal information about you when you visit our Website unless you choose to provide it. If you choose to provide personal information, either by e-mail, registering, or by filling out a form and submitting it to us through our Website, we may collect personal information such as your name, postal address, telephone number, and email address. OII in no way guarantees the security or confidentiality of any communication, or information contained therein, regardless of the manner of delivery or receipt.
2. Navigational Information: When you access our Website, we collect navigational information, such as browser type and version, service-provider identification, IP address, the site or online service from which you came, and the site or online service to which you navigate.
How We Use Information Collected Online
If you choose to provide us personal information, we may use your information: to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your request(s); to provide you materials you have requested; to provide you insurance and safety-related information you have requested; to process your registration(s); to send you information we think may be of interest to you; to send you information regarding your membership or registration(s); to update membership records; to personalize your experience on the Website; and for our internal business purpose, such as data analysis, developing new services, or improving the Website.
We use information collected through cookies and similar technology for many of these same purposes. In addition, cookies and similar technology are used for things like personalizing your experience on our Website and determining return visitors. We also use third-party analytics providers to measure traffic and usage trends and to help us better understand your use of and interaction with the Website.
Sharing and Disclosure of Information Collected Online
We do not disclose, give, sell, or transfer any personal information about you, except as described below:
1. Service Providers: We may share personal information with our third-party services providers that
provide services to us, such as data analytics, order fulfillment, registration services, Website operations,
email delivery, and other similar services.
2. Legal Process: OII may be required to release personal information by law, to comply with legal
process, to participate in a legal proceeding either contemplated or actually filed, to respond to a court
order or based on our good faith belief that it is necessary to comply with the law, or to protect the legal
rights of OII, Website users, or the general public.
3. Sale or Merger: If we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business assets or merge with another
company, we may also share your information with the other company.
Please note that e-mail is not necessarily secure against interception. If your message is of a sensitive
nature, you can send it by mail to: The Ohio Insurance Institute, 172 E. State St. Suite 201, Columbus OH
OII in no way guarantees the security or confidentiality of any communication, or information contained
therein, regardless of the manner of delivery or receipt. OII is not responsible for the accidental or
negligent release of information collected through the Website, and is not responsible for malicious
access to information collected through the Website.
Links to Other Sites
In some instances, we provide links to other websites not affiliated with OII. However, OII is not
responsible for the content or policies of third-party websites. Please check with these third-party
organizations or companies for their specific privacy policies.
Contact us if you find inoperable links or are concerned with any of the website links that are referenced
or sourced on our Website.
Notification of Policy Changes
will update this document, and modifications will be effective immediately upon posting to the Website.
For Other Questions or Comments
If you have other questions or comments for the OII Website, feel free to email us.